Vision & Values
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do.
They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
St Nicholas Chantry Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
‘Guiding children towards learning for life’
Within the Christian tradition of our school we aim for all children to:
Have high expectations of themselves
Attain and extend their personal best
Take pride in their learning
Respect themselves, other people and the environment
Have well developed communication and social skills
Develop good learning habits and styles
Seek to extend themselves in body, mind and spirit
Be open to new ideas and adaptable to change
Make informed and responsible choices, develop self discipline and understand that actions bring consequences
Learn about local, national and international issues
In order to prepare for adult life in an ever changing world
To achieve these aims for children our mission is to:
- Have high expectations of all children and ourselves
- Create a welcoming, safe and stimulating learning environment
- Promote positive self esteem for all
- Encourage children to take responsibility and show initiative
- Provide learning opportunities through both collaboration and competition
- Teach a broad, well-balanced, progressive curriculum which is based on a thorough understanding of children’s individual needs, interests and learning styles.
- Resource the curriculum efficiently and effectively including new technologies.
- Work in partnership with parents and carers
- Develop and maintain links beyond the school community
- Give children an understanding of their place in society
- Ensure equality of opportunity and challenge all forms of discrimination
- Celebrate high standards of personal learning ,effort and achievement
Be committed to achieving our vision